Tuesday 25 August 2009

Oak Island Treasure UK meeting - exclusive video

At the weekend, my website, Oak Island Treasure, was eight years old!

To celebrate this anniversary, I arranged to meet with friends and members of our online community in London, UK.

What better place to meet than the Captain Kidd pub - a wonderful spot on the River Thames built on the site where Kidd was hanged for piracy.

Despite being thousands of miles from Oak Island, we were able to rouse a loose connection to our favourite little island.

I had received requests from quite a few people who expressed sadness that they would miss out on this get together. Some asked if a podcast or video could be made available so you could at least have a flavour of the afternoon.

I managed to make this very short film showing London and the district of Wapping where we met. You'll see from the video that it's an area still dominated by old wharves and docks with many nautical connections still evident in the buildings and place names.

I was unable to capture our actual discussions on film but I hope this will give you an opportunity to see an interesting area of London, some of the UK Oak Island contingent and the chance to giggle at my British accent.

No comments: